The 20th International Symposium on Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials (ISMANAM 2013) will be held in Torino at the Torino Incontra Conference Centre on June 30 - July 5, 2013.
The ISMANAM Conference is a multidisciplinary forum covering all aspects related to Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials, from the synthesis and structural characterization to the study of their properties and technological applications, bringing together researchers working in the field of materials science, engineering, and solid state chemistry and physics.
The ISMANAM Symposium was held for the first time in Grenoble in 1994 and followed then closely the development of the topic with events organized yearly in Québec City (1995), Rome (1996), Sitges (1997), Wollongong (1998), Dresden (1999), Oxford (2000), Ann Arbor (2001), Seoul (2002), Foz do Iguaçu (2003), Sendai (2004), Paris (2005), Warsaw (2006), Corfu Island (2007), Buenos Aires (2008), Beijing (2009), Zürich (2010), Gijon (2011) and Moscow (2012).
The program of the Symposium will comprise plenary and invited lectures from leading experts in the field, oral presentations, and poster contributions.
Communications are solicited in the symposium topics:
- Bulk metallic glasses and composites
- Rapidly quenched alloys
- Nanocrystalline materials and materials with submicrometer-sized grains
- Quasicrystalline materials
- Thin films and coatings
- Synthesis techniques and metastable phase formation
- Structure and structure analysis
- Theoretical modeling and computer simulations
- Phase transformations and thermodynamics
- Advanced analytical tools at both the atomic and meso-scale
- All aspects of physical, chemical, and biological properties
- Magnetic properties from the nanoscale to bulk materials
- Mechanical properties at different length scales
- Near and long term applications: energy, environment, industrial production
Livio Battezzati and Paola Tiberto